Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Save A Bag, Save Time

It never fails.  You end up stopping at the store when it seems to be the busiest and have to fight the crowd.  For me, the crowd seems to be the thickest in the produce section, or maybe that is because I seem to spend a lot of time there.  I used to find this frustrating about a year ago, before I had a wonderful revelation.

I always seemed to struggle the most with those little plastic bags for fruits and vegetables.  I had trouble finding them, I had trouble getting a roll that had any left, I had trouble pulling one free, or the worst of all, someone would be blocking them with their cart.  I spent too much time fighting with those plastic bags.  Then I realized something when I got home one night.  What if I just reused some of those pesky little bags?  My bananas, onions, peppers, and apples didn't dirty them; I could just reuse them the next time I went shopping.  And that is what I did. 

Like many of you, I already was bringing my own reusable shopping bags, why not reuse the plastic produce bags?  I have never been happier.  I stroll up to the onions and pull a bag out of my grocery sack and breeze on to the bananas.  If you struggle with produce bags, give this a try.  You might find yourself completing your shopping a little faster.

Oh, and if you aren't using reusable grocery bags already, give those a try, too.  Many are larger and stronger than typical one-time use grocery sacks and they can hold a lot more, which means I make fewer trips when unloading my car.  And can't we all use a little more of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment